The 1-Step Laddercam(Version 2)!
Update 4-28-2012: Version 2 is here! This redesign reduces the overall size of the clamp and looks a little bit more professional while still fuctioning the same way.
Born from the mind of the Gripnerd out of frustration at the current methods for putting a high hat on top of a ladder.
- C-clamps are always sticking out waiting to catch on any loose clothing or cables
- Ratchet straps are a hazard to climb beside
- Custom high hats are bulky and take up too much space in the grip truck
- Every current method takes at least 5-10 minutes and at least 2 grips to secure
But the 1-Step Laddercam Clamp fixes all of that!
- 1 grip can secure a high hat to the top of a ladder in under 1 minute
- Zero extra protrusions or other safety hazards
- High hat can even be offset to one side to make it even easier for the operator to use the camera safely.
- The 1-Step Laddercam Clamp takes up less space than an 8" c-clamp
Don't believe it's really that fast? Watch this video and see for yourself!
The 1-Step Laddercam Clamp is compatible with almost any standard double sided ladder! It is black zinc plated ensuring your grip stealthiness remains intact. Be warned, as with all plating, painting or powder coating processes the black will scratch off over time but the zinc plating ensures that it won't start rusting without significant intentional damage to the surface of the clamp.
The 1-Step Laddercam Clamp is designed to fit the majority of high hats and double sided ladders being used in the film industry, but if you do encounter an incompatible ladder, please contact me and I will either buy back your clamp or design a new one that will suit your needs.
The 1-Step Laddercam Clamp is a great addition to any key grip's package and is already in use with one well respected grip crew. They've taken to calling it the "Nerd Clamp." What name will your crew come up with?
Available now for only $50, just drop me a line and I'll deliver it to you personally(within the greater LA area, or I can Ship Anywhere!).